Electronics Quiz Questions with Answers
Electronics Quiz Questions with Answers Part 1
1) The process of making a radio receiver sensitive to a particular frequency alone is known as:
2) During playback of a tape recorder, the tape is drawn past the poles of the head at a constant speed of:
Answer: 5 cm/second.
3) The reverse process of modulation is _?
4) The middle region of the transistor is known as?
5) The part of T.V camera which produces the beam required for scanning is called:
Answer: Electron gun.
6) Example of acceptor is?
7) The hole is considered as?
Answer: Equivalent of a positive charge.
8) The process of adding certain impurities in the crystal structure of a semi-conductor so as to improve its conductivity is called?
9) What is a liquid crystal?
Answer: They are organic compounds resembling both liquid and crystals.
10) The impurity used to make p-type semiconductor is:
Answer: Boron or gallium or indium.
11) The majority of carriers in n-type semiconductor is:
12) The function of valve depends on the phenomenon?
Answer: Thermionic emission.
13) A semiconductor one side of which is doped with a p-type impurity and the other side is doped with n-type impurity is called:
Answer: PN junction diode.
14) What is known as a diffused junction?
Answer: The P.N junction obtained by diffusing impurity into the semiconductor crystal.
15) When the P region and N region of a P-N diode are connected to the negative and positive poles of the battery respectively it is said to be in:
Answer: Reverse biased.
Electronics Quiz Questions with Answers Part 2
16) Which device work on the principle of thermionic emission?
17) The process of mixing the audio signals with high-frequency carrier waves is called:
18) The waves used in radar can be considered to be:
19) Who invented the tunnel diode?
Answer: Leo Esaki.
20) Which must have the proper size to match the impedance of the transmitter or receiver to that of space?
Answer: The antenna.
21) Image orthicon is a kind of:
Answer: Pick up tube.
22) What is called the type of modulation in which the frequency of the carrier waves is altered in accordance with the audio signals?
Answer: Frequency modulation.
23) Which of the electronics is known as wonder child of electronics?
24) In amplitude modulation which of the carrier wave is changed in accordance with the sound pattern?
25) The third electrode in a triode is known as?
Answer: Control grid.
26) Electricity is not conducted through germanium because the number _?
Answer: Free electrons are comparatively less.
27) Current conduction in n-type semi-conductor is due to _?
Answer: Free electrons.
28) What do you mean by electronics?
Answer: The study of behavior of electrons, their control and use.
29) Semi-conductor crystal having an excess of electrons by doping is named?
Answer: N-type semi-conductor.
30) Example of donor is?
Electronics Quiz Questions with Answers Part 3
31) The process of extracting audio signals from the high-frequency carrier wave is known as?
32) The upper limit of audibility for a normal human ear is?
33) Detection is a kind of _?
34) A function that cannot be done by a junction of a diode is _?
35) Power gain is equal to _?
Answer: Voltage gain x Current gain.
36) For producing high-frequency carrier wave we use:
37) Which is the main part of a tuner in the radio receiver?
Answer: Variable condenser.
38) It is a process of allowing electric current to flow only in one direction that is changing A.C in to D.C.
39) What is called amplification?
Answer: It is the process of strengthening weak signals.
40) What is oscillation?
Answer: It is a process of conversion of D.C in to a signal of desired frequency.
41) In our T.V. system time taken for scanning one frame is:
Answer: 1/25 second.
42) The impurity to be added to get n-type semi-conductor is _?
43) The rays starting from the cathode discharge tube are called:
Answer: Cathode rays.
44) The unit used to express wavelength is:
45) The thermionic valve named triode has _?
Answer: 3 electrodes.
Electronics Quiz Questions with Answers Part 4
46) The impurity to be added to get p-type semi-conductor is _?
47) The scientist who discovered that though gases are not good conductors, high voltage electricity can discharge through gases was:
Answer: William Crookes.
48) Current conduction in p-type semi-conductor is due to _?
49) The value of the capacitor is expressed in the unit:
50) The simplest type of valve is called:
51) The valve having three electrodes is known as:
52) Substances like glass, mica and rubber are called:
53) The current carriers in PNP transistor consist of _?
54) The vacuum tubes (valves) were discovered by:
Answer: Lee de Forest.
55) The current carriers in NPN transistor consist of _?
56) The process of broadcasting in which the frequency of radio waves is changed in accordance with the sound signals is known as:
Answer: Frequency modulation.
57) The device which can be used as an amplifier and an oscillator is _?
58) In the pure state the semiconductors are known as what?
59) After doping a semiconductor will have good electrical conductivity. In such a stage it will be known as:
60) If a silicon crystal is doped with an element of group five it becomes:
Answer: N-type semiconductor.